Multimedia Production Errors & Omissions Insurance protects the Production and/or Distribution Company from various lawsuits that allege a third party has suffered a loss. Some of the most common kinds of claims come from:
- Libel, slander or other forms of defamation- Did the material damage someone’s reputation? Was there false or inaccurate information stated about someone?
- Infringement of copyright- Did you use material, images, or a script without persimmon?
- Unauthorized use of names, trade names, service marks, titles, formats, ideas, characters, character names, characterizations, plots, musical compositions, performances, slogans, program material or any similar material.
There are many types of actions that can cause a third party to sue you, your production company, individually or collectively. Having the right kind of entertainment insurance will protect you from incurring expenses–even if you are in the right.
Coverages available through the Entertainment E&O program include:
- Limits up to $5,000,000
- Coverage Term up to 3 years
- Rights Period Endorsement up to 7 years
- Title Coverage
- Deductible options of 10,000 or 25,000
MovieInsure.com offers a wide variety of A-rated, Admitted and Non-Admitted insurance companies for our clients to choose from. We only deal with companies that are on the Insurance Commissioner’s approved list.
We service the following states: Alabama. Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Colombia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. If you do not see your state listed here, please inquire anyway – we are growing!