By now we have all heard about the food safety issues facing the Chipotle restaurant chain. Getting sick while eating out is actually a very common occurrence, and with Chipotle under the microscope, they may now actually be one of the safest places to eat. According to (foodpolitics.com) the main issue at Chipotle was linked to E. coli. The most recent CDC report (December 21) counts 53 cases of E. coli 026 from 9 states, with 20 hospitalizations.
Your entertainment company, or special event may have a food exposure. Here are a few tips to keep help you. Special Event Insurance must be part of your planning. Special Event Insurance can provide the necessary security to ensure that if something does go wrong, you and your guests are protected.
Entertainment Food Safety Tips
- Keep the kitchen clean.
- Require all employees to wash hands before working in the kitchen.
- Require employees to wash hands after using the restroom.
- Make sure all food workers are properly trained.
- Wash all produce.
- Keep meats separated from other food.
- Cook all foods at appropriate temperatures.
- Toss out old food every Friday from the office kitchen.
- State and county health departments are the direct enforcers of local, state, and federal health regulations. When operating a commercial kitchen, it is important to know the local health codes to avoid fines and prevent foodborne illness outbreaks.
- If you are having an office party, you may want to consider purchasing foods.
- Proper cleaning and sanitizing of all food contact surfaces and utensils will reduce germs.
- Clean all food equipment daily.
- Never let food sit out for long periods of time.
MovieInsure.com offers a wide variety of A-rated, admitted and Non-Admitted insurance companies for our clients to choose from. We only deal with companies that are on the Insurance Commissioner’s approved list. We are located in beautiful Northridge, California next to CSUN