California Entertainment Insurance
One risk faced by production companies is the loss of equipment on sets. Even when sites are secure, there seems to always be a way for thieves to get in and create a loss. In a recent case, the thief actually took an entire 1300 pound metal fence. Some losses may be covered under the commercial insurance policy, but there could be high deductibles. We are proud to offer specialized coverage for production insurance of all types.
Here Are A Few Tips On How To Reduce Theft:
- Have a sign in for all vehicles.
- Have security.
- Complete background checks on all employees.
- The control of keys is essential on a site.
- Keep all equipment locked.
- Mark all equipment.
- Encourage employees not to keep personal equipment on site.
- Post signs that video cameras are located on site.
- Post “keep out/no trespassing” signs.
- Lock all vehicles at night.
- Stamp ID numbers conspicuously on all large equipment and keep records of the ID numbers.
- Complete background checks on all employees
- Require all subcontractors to have commercial insurance, workers’ compensation and employee dishonesty insurance.
We focus exclusively on understanding the unique needs of motion picture, television, video, music and theatrical companies. This knowledge base allows us to structure an insurance program specifically for each client that will be a balance of the best coverage and most economical solutions to help them manage the risks inherent to their unique business.