Most of us would never say we love our insurance. In fact, most clients don’t even read their entertainment business insurance policy. Maybe after you read this story you may have a different opinion.
A small production company was filming a short commercial in a parking lot. One of the actors was set to drive up in a car and get out to promote the product. The actor could not stop the car and it ran into three by standers, causing serious injury, the resulting damages totaled over $15,000.
Know Your Business Liability Coverage
- Bodily Injury–Bodily Injury to a third party.
- Property Damage–Damage to a third party’s property (equipment building etc.).
- Personal Injury–Injury to the mind or emotions, as opposed to an injury to property.
- Advertising Liability–Damages arising out of advertising, libel, slander, or invasion of privacy.
- Products and Completed Operations–Liability arising out of the Nonprofit’s products or business operations and services conducted, excluding professional services.
- Premises–Covers liability arising out of injury to third parties while on your premises.
- Medical Payments–A general liability coverage that reimburses others, without regard to the insured’s liability, for bodily injury while on your premises.
You should also pay attention to the exclusions in your business liability insurance policy. Some of the common exclusions are:
- Workers’ compensation
- Directors and officers liability
- Professional services
- And more
Many of the exclusions can be added or purchased under a separate policy.
MovieInsure.com offers a wide variety of A-rated, admitted and Non-Admitted insurance companies for our clients to choose from. We only deal with companies that are on the Insurance Commissioner’s approved list.