California Entertainment Insurance
You are in the entertainment and education business. You create and design products that truly amaze us all. In doing so, you also create risks for your company, employees and others. We can produce an entertainment insurance policy that fits your needs. MovieInsure.com Insurance Services produces entertainment insurance that will match your risks. We work with many of the leading insurers in the entertainment industry.
To protect your firm you should consider the following kinds of insurance:
- Worker’s Compensation- Covers injury to employees.
- Hired/Non-owned auto – covers the picture cars and grip trucks.
- Cast Insurance- Reimburses the production company for any extra expense necessary to complete principal photography of an insured production due to death, injury or sickness of any insured performer or director.
- Errors and Omissions- Covers legal liability and defense for the production company against lawsuits alleging unauthorized use of title, format, ideas, characters, plots, plagiarism, unfair competition or piracy.
- Props, Sets and Wardrobe- Provides coverage on props, sets, scenery, costumes, wardrobe and similar theatrical property against risks of direct physical loss, damage or destruction occurring during the production.
The entertainment industry is a very competitive and complex business that comes with uncommon exposure risks. Entertainment insurance can help protect against many liabilities and we are ready to help you.
We are proud to offer specialized coverage for production and event insurance of all types.MovieInsure.com insurance Services offers a wide variety of A-rated, Admitted and Non-Admitted insurance companies for our clients to choose from. We only deal with companies that are on the Insurance Commissioner’s approved list.
California Entertainment Insurance
One risk faced by production companies is the loss of equipment on sets. Even when sites are secure, there seems to always be a way for thieves to get in and create a loss. In a recent case, the thief actually took an entire 1300 pound metal fence. Some losses may be covered under the commercial insurance policy, but there could be high deductibles. We are proud to offer specialized coverage for production insurance of all types.
Here Are A Few Tips On How To Reduce Theft:
- Have a sign in for all vehicles.
- Have security.
- Complete background checks on all employees.
- The control of keys is essential on a site.
- Keep all equipment locked.
- Mark all equipment.
- Encourage employees not to keep personal equipment on site.
- Post signs that video cameras are located on site.
- Post “keep out/no trespassing” signs.
- Lock all vehicles at night.
- Stamp ID numbers conspicuously on all large equipment and keep records of the ID numbers.
- Complete background checks on all employees
- Require all subcontractors to have commercial insurance, workers’ compensation and employee dishonesty insurance.
We focus exclusively on understanding the unique needs of motion picture, television, video, music and theatrical companies. This knowledge base allows us to structure an insurance program specifically for each client that will be a balance of the best coverage and most economical solutions to help them manage the risks inherent to their unique business.
The following information may not make the lineup of any late night TV show, but it can help your entertainment company become more profitable. There are many reasons why you buy production or movie insurance. But the bottom line is that you buy commercial movie insurance to protect your assets and have claims paid fairly and promptly. You also want competitively priced insurance rates.
Production insurance will continue to be an important part of every production. We provide policies for all budgets sizes; from low budget film production shoots to large studio budgets. One day shoot or annual blanket production coverages are also available.
Entertainment Equipment is expensive to replace and is easy to insure. We provide all risk, worldwide coverage for scheduled entertainment related equipment including Cameras, Production, Editing, Musical, Theatrical and Miscellaneous items.
Event Cancelation can shut down your production company. Event cancellation insurance protects revenue or expenses from an event against cancellation or postponement of the event for reasons beyond the control of the event organizer.
Reality TV and Film Productions. This is a very growing segment of our industry. Types of programming including game shows, variety shows, webisodes, and documentary filming. With the rapid growth of “reality programming”, it is important to have a broker who understands the needs of the entertainment industry.
We are proud to offer specialized coverage for production and event insurance of all types. MovieInsure.com offers a wide variety of A-rated, Admitted and Non-Admitted insurance companies for our clients to choose from. We only deal with companies that are on the Insurance Commissioner’s approved list.
Movies, films, documentaries and short films entertain us and may even bring a tear to our eyes. But for film producers, an uninsured loss can bring tears to their eyes as well. MovieInsure.com offers a check list for film producers to make sure the right production insurance is in place.
“So you say I have a chance?”
If you are involved in any of these kinds of productions, you need to have a comprehensive entertainment policy.
- Television or film productions
- Music videos
- Educational films
- Corporate productions
- Commercial photographers
“I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.”
These are common risks shared by most productions
- Cast insurance
- Production errors & omissions
- Damage to props and other equipment
- Copyright infringement
- Intellectual property
- Rented and leased vehicles
- Animal mortality
“Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.”
We are proud to offer specialized coverage for production and event insurance of all types.MovieInsure.com offers a wide variety of A-rated, Admitted and Non-Admitted insurance companies for our clients to choose from. We only deal with companies that are on the Insurance Commissioner’s approved list.
Most entertainment companies do everything possible to make sure that shows and productions are opened on time. But sometimes there are circumstances that just can’t be helped. Fire, natural disaster, and talent illness can cause events to be cancelled. Special Event Insurance can provide the necessary security to ensure that if something does go wrong, you and your guests are protected.
Event Cancellation Insurance/Special Event Insurance from Movie Insure protects production companies from unforeseen circumstances that require the show to be canceled. It would provide funds to cover deposits and other costs that may have already been paid. Unforeseen circumstances could be related to any number of things including weather, construction at the venue, or illness of the featured speaker or entertainer. Policies can be created to protect revenues or expenses for those with insurable interests should an event be cancelled.
Event Cancellation Insurance is an important insurance to consider. If a loss occurs, John Hart will work closely with you to file documents quickly and accurately so your event can go on as planned.
We are proud to offer specialized coverage for production and event insurance of all types. MovieInsure.com offers a wide variety of A-rated, admitted and non-admitted insurance companies for our clients to choose from. We only deal with companies that are on the Insurance Commissioner’s approved list.
Please click here to use our on-line application.
Benefits of a Business Insurance Review From Movie Insure
Every Entertainment company, at some time, should have their entertainment insurance reviewed by an independent insurance agent like Movie Insure. If it has been more than a year since your last review, now may be a good time. We review all our clients’ insurance needs on a regular basis. There are many benefits to an insurance review including:
- Prices change and a review can determine if you are getting competitive rates on your insurance.
- Your coverage needs may have changed and your policy should reflect these changes.
- There may be new insurance companies to which we have access.
- Laws and regulations are changing and may require a different kind of insurance
Why Review My Entertainment Insurance?
We have identified a number of questions that might indicate your production insurance is out of date.
- Did you purchase any new equipment?
- Are you planning any foreign productions?
- Do you have new talent on contract?
- Are you involved in any new partnerships?
- Have you seen an increase in your claims?
- Do your vehicles cross state lines?
- Have you experienced growth?
We live in interesting financial times and making sure we save money wherever we can is very important. Having us preform an insurance review might just be what is needed to protect your assets while putting money back in your pocket.
Our mission is to serve filmmakers with the best policies their dollar can buy. Our diversified staff utilizes state-of-the-art technology to make your insurance experience with us as effortless as possible. Simply put, we are “Independent Brokers/Agents” representing you the “client”. We are licensed professionals and bring a personal touch to the delicate relationship between you, the “client” and the “insurance company.” We can act as “brokers” or as “agents” depending on the product sold and/or our relationship with the actual insurance carrier.
We all love watching the fine work that comes out of Hollywood and other production companies. If you think about the many risks facing production and entertainment companies, most people might run like Forrest Gump! But we at Movie Insure know that with risks come rewards. Here are a few of the risks faced by the entertainment industry:
- Stunts and action scenes. There are times when lead actors want to do their own action scenes. If the lead actor is injured it might lead to long delays in production.
- Foreign locations. Many productions are filmed outside of the USA. This can lead to safety, cultural and legal issues. Especially if the production is travelling with a full crew and production team.
- High valued set and wardrobes. If sets are damaged or wardrobes destroyed, they must be replaced. Even under the best of situations, a few weeks delay can cost thousands of dollars.
- Documentaries or other true stories can lead to creating errors in the truth. While there is always some defense in artistic freedom, it really depends on what was agreed to between the parties involved. Also, rewriting scripts during production can lead to errors in factual information.
Our mission is to serve filmmakers with the best policies their dollar can buy. Our diversified staff utilizes state-of-the-art technology to make your insurance experience with us as effortless as possible. Simply put, we are “Independent Brokers/Agents” representing you the “client”.
May peace prevail on earth
Kangaroo punches drone
As the year comes to a close, we have to acknowledge that our underwriters are people too! They take their holidays just like the rest of us. That is why I am encouraging anyone seeking insurance quotes to plan ahead and reach out to us, sooner than later. We like to consider ourselves part of the production team and want your projects to turn out stress free. Let us know if we can be of service.