As a business owner in the entertainment industry, you go to great lengths to provide a safe working environment for your employees. But when dealing with humans, accidents can happen and Workers’ Compensation Insurance can help. Workers Compensation Insurance should be an important part of your entertainment risk management program.
What is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation insurance is insurance that provides lost income, medical benefits, disability benefits, and rehabilitative services for workers injured on the job or while performing work-related duties.
Why Your Business Needs Workers’ Compensation Insurance
When one of your employees gets hurt on the job or has a work-related illness, only workers’ compensation will cover them. Health insurance benefits will not provide coverage for on the job injuries.
What Is The Best Way To Keep Costs Down?
- Provide training for hazardous work, especially for new or inexperienced workers.
- Enforce safety rules and practices.
- Enforce drug and alcohol rules.
- Require safety equipment to be worn at all times.
- Keep work areas clean.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry around machinery.
- Where required, you must wear protective equipment such as goggles, safety glasses, masks, gloves, hair nets, etc. appropriate to the task.
- Safety equipment such as restraints, pull backs, and two-hand devices are designed for your protection. Be sure such equipment is adjusted for you.
- Do not ever remove machine safety guards.
- Develop a system for reporting unsafe practices.
- Have monthly safety meetings that review safety issues and related topics.
- Create accident investigation procedures that focus on prevention and change.
MovieInsure.com offers a wide variety of A-rated, Admitted and Non-Admitted insurance companies for our clients to choose from. We only deal with companies that are on the Insurance Commissioner’s approved list.
What Coverage Do I Need for My Special Event?
Are you involved in promoting a special event? Special Event Insurance must be part of your planning. Special Event Insurance can provide the necessary security to ensure that if something does go wrong, you and your guests are protected.
What is Special Event Insurance?
There are many different kinds of Special Event insurance. Depending on your event, there is insurance coverage that addresses the specific risks. Special Event Insurance is designed to protect the event sponsors or planners against liability claims associated with the event. Claims can come from participants, vendors, and other third parties. Here are a few of the different kinds of events that require insurance:
- Festivals– This kind of event would include a community gathering in celebration of a community leader, special day, or organization. These events often include food and activities consistent with a theme. Festivals are usually held in parks or other public places which creates liability for the event sponsors. Festival Liability Insurance is the perfect solution to help sponsors manage these risks.
- Music/Concert Events – Concerts are events where the sponsor is responsible for managing a large or small crowd around both professional and nonprofessional performers and musicians. Concert sponsors have a responsibility to manage crowds, provide security, and deal with the “talent”. Concert Event Insurance is the most effective method to protect against liability that can occur during concerts and other music related festivals.
- Holiday Festivals– Holiday Festivals are usually centered around a specific cultural or religious holiday. They can include crafts, food, performers, and even alcohol. Holiday Festivals, like other events, create liability for the event sponsors. Special Event Insurance provides the necessary coverage to protect the sponsors and other liable parties such as the building owner.
- Private Business Events– Companies large and small plan and organize client events, employee training, seminars, and parties. Much like weddings, these events create liability to the company organizing them. Special Event Liability Insurance can provide protection against claims that might arise from third parties.
All Concerts, Festivals, or Special Events have common risks that Special Event Insurance can cover. When planning your special event concert, or wedding, the following insurance should be included:
MovieInsure.com offers a wide variety of A-rated, admitted and Non-Admitted insurance companies for our clients to choose from. We only deal with companies that are on the Insurance Commissioner’s approved list. We are located in beautiful Northridge, California next to CSUN
Animals have been used in movie-making, advertising, documentaries, print, and various production functions since the early days of the industry. The American Humane Association has worked for many years to protect animals in films. This confirms how important animals are in movies, TV, documentaries and other productions.
Animal Mortality insurance will pay an agreed value for your animal actors if it dies from any accidental or natural cause. This coverage protects you against loss as a result of a variety of perils, including fire, lightning, windstorm, hail, theft, collision, upset while in transit, accidental shooting, and drowning. Plus, it pays the agreed value of the animal actor if death was caused by one of the perils listed on the policy.
How it Works…it is simple
We get the resumes on the animal actors and their wranglers. We can then write Animal Mortality coverage (life insurance) on the animals for a predetermined value.
Our mission is to serve filmmakers with the best policies their dollar can buy. Our diversified staff utilizes state-of-the-art technology to make your insurance experience with us as effortless as possible. Simply put, we are “Independent Brokers/Agents” representing you the “client”. We are licensed professionals and bring a personal touch to the delicate relationship between you, the “client” and the “insurance company.”